Penny Dreadful. The ultra-budget, thousands-of-cards Magic Online brewer's paradise with powerful cards, six free weekly tournaments, free 24/7 league, prizes, quarterly rotations, and a super friendly community.
Check out the guide to Magic Online.
To get a match in Magic Online go to Constructed, Specialty, Freeform Tournament Practice on Magic Online and create a Freeform game with "Penny Dreadful" in the comments. To find the Penny Dreadful community join the Discord.
Leagues last for roughly a month. You may enter any number of times but only one deck at a time. You play five matches per run. You can join the league at any time. To find a game sign up and then create a game in Constructed, Specialty, Freeform Tournament Practice with "Penny Dreadful League" as the comment. Top 8 finishers on each month's league leaderboard win credit with MTGO Traders. When you complete a five match league run for the first time ever you will get 1 tik credit with MTGO Traders (at the end of the month).
Legality is determined a week after the release of a Standard-legal set on Magic Online. Prices are checked every hour for a week. Anything 2¢ or less for half or more of all checks is legal for the season. Any version of a card on the legal cards list is legal.
The next rotation is in 14 weeks, 4 days.
- Copy legal_cards.txt to pdmtgo.com (S3). Manually set the metadata Content-Type=text/plain; charset=utf-8.
- Run post_rotation task for decksite
python3 run.py maintenance post_rotation
- Restart decksite
- Restart or update Discord Bot taking note of #5490
- Update Gatherling legal cards list
- Add any new (or newly-legal) DFCs to PDBot
- Remove any no-longer-game-breaking bugged cards from the Gatherling banned list, and add any new ones.
- (Katelyn can update Scryfall but if not) ping @Csuhta#3333 on their Discord for Scryfall
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for MTG Goldfish
- Ping yeaGO on his wall at tappedout
- Archive all the Run_XXX.txt files so that the next rotation will start running correctly
!rotateon the bot